Organic Vs Natural Skincare: What is the difference?
You might have noticed that the skincare market is moving towards being greener, cleaner and more eco-friendly. Most customers look out for the “organic” or “natural” label on products before they buy them.
But did you know there is a difference between natural and organic skincare products? Each one has its benefits and what you use affects you differently.
You have to be careful of what products you apply to your skin. Because your skin absorbs 64% of all ingredients, you put on it. So, the skincare products you use do matter.
Listed below are the significant differences between organic and natural skin care products that you must know!
Organic products are made with ingredients that are organically farmed. This is why they do not contain pesticides, preservatives, chemical fertilizers or growth injections. Governing bodies always regulate these products to ensure the standards are maintained.
Some benefits of using organic products for your skin are:
- They do not contain any harsh chemicals that irritate skin and cause rashes.
- They help to maintain your overall health and eliminate your exposure to chemicals.
- Nature is the best source of skincare ingredients. You get everything you need, from vitamins and minerals to antioxidants.
- Organic products have fewer allergens
- Organic products are made with natural ingredients and are almost always packaged in recyclable material.
Natural products are made from plant, animal-by products or a mix of naturally derived preservatives and botanicals. They do not contain harmful substances like parabens or sulphates and are not tested on animals. However, natural products are unregulated, and some companies use them when marketing their products.
Some pros of using only natural skincare products are:
- They are made with ingredients that come from flowers, plants and minerals
- There are no genetically modified ingredients in them
- These products are not tested on animals
- They do not contain parabens, sulphates or any other harmful substances
What is better? Organic or Natural Skincare?
Organic products are usually better and much safer to use. They do not contain any ingredients or additives that can harm you.
On the other hand, while people trust natural skincare products, they have to be careful. Some brands use natural ingredients that can harm your skin.
The top 6 differences between organic and natural skincare are:
- Natural skincare products are made from natural ingredients
- Organic skincare products are made from natural ingredients but have much stricter standards. That’s why you should always check to see if there is an organic logo on the product.
- Organic skin products have more stringent guidelines to adhere to
- Organic skin products are always priced higher than natural products
- Writing “Natural” on a product is a marketing gimmick. So, always check that there is a label making sure it’s organic.
- The terms “vegan” and “cruelty-free” are not synonyms for “organic” and “natural.”
To Sum Up
Skin is the largest organ of the body. And because it is porous, it absorbs anything you put on it. This is why it is essential to be aware of the products you apply to it.
Using organic and natural skincare products is the only way to keep your skin safe. Since they do not have any harmful chemicals, they are softer on the skin. So, add these products to your daily skincare to keep your skin healthy!