Decorative Lights for Christmas: Pendant Lamps
The holidays are the perfect time to showcase a home’s decorative lighting. Hanging lamps provide a lot of possibilities, from large pendants to small ones and everything in between. Christmas lights can add even more charm to these traditional pieces. There are many options available for individuals interested in purchasing Decorative pendant lights for their homes. These lights add character to one’s house. They are not exclusive to the festive season. Thus, this article will shed light on a few kinds of pendant lights and tips on purchasing them.
Tips on Choosing the Right Size
Pendant lights come in versatile sizes. It is critical to choose the right size for a space. Here are some tips:
- Choose a pendant with a cord length that will fit the height (and then add about six inches). Most can be adjusted to make them shorter or longer, but one should want enough length on their pendant so that they can easily reach its switch and adjust it as needed.
- Make sure the diameter of the shade fits into the space without obstructing other objects in that area. Pendants with smaller shades tend to have more directional light output than those with more oversized shades because they have less surface area from which light can escape through diffusion by bouncing off walls or furniture around them.
- Large pendants are perfect for open areas with high ceilings.
- They are also great for long hallways and bedrooms.
- Large pendants work well as oversized wall sconces or mounted to the ceiling above a table or kitchen island.
- Pendant chords are available in a variety of colours and styles.
- One can choose the length of the chord and the number of lights per chord.
- Interested individuals should also consider the type of bulb they would like to use and its socket type.
Imagine a room that has a beautiful wall colour. If people want to add lighting that doesn’t clash with the wall colour, there are several ways to add a decorative light fixture without causing any visual problems:
- Choose a complementary colour that contrasts with the wall colour.
- Choose an accent colour from within the same family as the wall (i.e., warm blues for cool green tones).
- Choose an accent colour that is neutral and will not draw attention away from more important features of the room (i.e., use black lamps with grey walls).
- Do not use white or black if they go on bare walls unless they are part of another design element in your home—they tend to look cheap when used individually as stand-alone pieces of art!
- The word “pendant” can refer to a light fixture. It can mean the cord that hangs from a ceiling light.
- A pendant lamp is simply an electrical lighting fixture that hangs above. It gets made of metal and glass with some shade or cloth covering the bulb.
- So it is designed to be suspended from the ceiling by cords or chains.
- What makes them different from hanging lamps?
- Hanging lamps have a hook at the top where they attach their chain or cords for hanging purposes.
If one is looking for a great way to add some holiday charm to their home, one of these decorative pendants is what they are looking for today! Many Decorative pendant lights come in traditional and contemporary styles with versatile colours and finishes, including metal, wood, glass and more! Smaller pendant lamps can also be used indoors or outdoors, depending on where they get placed. Overall, these lights are an excellent addition to one’s house.